Thursday, January 12, 2012


English courses are a requirement throughout any college curriculum for obvious reasons. English applies to our daily lives, no matter what we're doing. We can be texting, emailing, speaking, or reading, in which we all need basic english skills. Learning to effectively speak, read and write is such a beneficial factor when it comes to being successful. These days, you can barely get anywhere without being at an advanced level of speaking, reading, and writing. Everything today requires you to at least have some intermediate knowledge of english. If we all expect successful lives with a successful and fulfilling career sometime in the near future, then we shouldn't think of English as merely being a requirement, it should be a privilege. Its an opportunity for college students to take advantage of and be happy to partake in.

My goals for this course consist of learning to write more effective papers, improve my speaking skills, and to prepare myself for the 10 page papers I will surely be getting within the next few years here at Neiu. Considering I am still undecided for my major, I am certain that whatever I choose I will get buried in papers and essays. 

So lets take english a little more serious, folks. Plus, if we don't pass, we have to retake it. Now we don't want that. 


No comments:

Post a Comment